Monday, June 4, 2012

Honey Lemon Facial Mask

Searching for something sweet and sour? Look no further ;)
I don't know about you but whenever I have a skin issue I'm always looking for the bigger and better option. Quick fix which normally turns into BIG BUCKS.

I have my staple MUST-HAVE skincare items and an entire closet of beauty products I have collected over the years that I:

A) Used once
B) Never touched

I know I can't be the only one :/
Most of them are the cheap CVS brand but I'm not going to lie and say I haven't spent some decent cash on high end brands to correct my face (esp during that Ortho Tri-Cyclen period of my life, can we say BREAKOUTS GALORE?!)

I'm in my mid-20's so not old, not young but thanks to the 4+ years of the tanning bed my skin isn't in tip top shape! When I found this home trick and read about the amazing things honey and lemon can do for your skin - I was sold!

Raw honey is a great natural antibiotic. It can heal burns, infected wounds and is also an anti inflammatory. It's also been said that women used to use honey and milk on their skin to keep their complexion looking radiant, young and smooth.

Sign me up NOW!


Lemon brightens your skin and exfoliates! It's amazing for acne prone skin (one of nature's top sources of citric acid) and can visually remove sun spots and uneven skin tone.

I'm so sold!



What you need:

Half a lemon
2 tablespoons of raw (or organic) honey


Squeeze half a lemon into a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of honey until the mixture is light and a bit runny.
Apply to your face!
WARNING: Very Very VERY sticky. Pull your hair back (or put in clips,) wear an old shirt and do over a sink :)

I took a photo in the light and you really couldn't see the mask. So I went into the bedroom (dripped on the rug - shhhh) to get you a better photo!


Honestly, the results are amazing! My skin was SOOOOOOOOOOO soft!
I couldn't get over how soft it made my face. It felt like I had use my favorite go-to KORRES - Quercetin & Oak Antiageing & Antiwrinkle Night Cream but I didn't!

My face also felt super clean. My pores felt washed and refreshed!



Review: Obviously I loved this mask for the ease, affordability and the results. I did NOT like how runny it was. I wore a shirt I love and got honey on it. I also tried this on Brian (who wanted to be a part of my experiment) and he agreed that the application of it was not smooth and easy. He did love the results of his baby smooth face ;)

Maybe a little more honey next time to keep it thicker?

What do you think? Would you try this?

No comments:

Post a Comment