Monday, June 25, 2012

Homemade Acne Mask

Ugh. So I made plans to hang out with a friend that I haven't seen in probably a year...and of course the night before I get a nice red blemish under my nose. 
Thanks a lot face, thanks a lot!

So of course I quickly looked up a "GET RID FAST" remedy! This is the Homemade Mask for Acne!


What you need:

1 bowl
3 tbs of baking soda
2 tbs of HOT water


Mix the baking soda with water!
It will fizz and bubble up (it was fun hehe)
Mix until it's a bit thick.
The baking soda will settle at the bottom so when you apply make sure you mix it right before.


Apply the mixture to your face (yes I am AWARE of what it looks like)
and let sit (and dry!) for 15 minutes!


When it dries, it flakes and powders off - so be careful. I was snorting baking soda up my nose.
I also had a headache - in case you can't tell.


My caption for this (and yes it I sent it to a couple people) was "Damn that powdered doughnut was good!"
But seriously... when your face looks like this...
Wash off with warm water!

You can also add an additional step to this mask - rub your skin where you just applied the mask vigorously with lime slices (chilled), stressing in the area that is breaking out.

I didn't have lime so I didn't do this part!

My review: My face dried up. The blemish did become dry, however the next morning it was back. Stupid bugger. So I don't think this is a QUICK FIX treatment but I have been doing it for the past 2 days and the blemish is less red and not as large!

I'd love to read your reviews when you try this!

xoxo




5 comments:

  1. Could you maybe use this as a spot treatment, as to not dry other patches of skin? (Damn me and my combo skin...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can use it as a spot treatment. I would actually recommend it if you only have certain breakout areas - instead of all over.

      Delete
  2. Tea Tree Oil...and visine for the redness <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try Tea Tree Oil! I'm going to look it up. I have heard of visine for redness though I've never tried it! Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to try them both out!

      Delete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post. HOCL Disinfectant fogger

    ReplyDelete