Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunburn Healer

So if you read yesterdays post Honey, Lemon, Cucumber & Banana Facial, you saw that I listed all the amazing benefits cucumbers can do for you! Healing a sunburn is one of them.

Today we spent more then half the day at the neighbors pool. Of course loading up on SPF 50 multiple times was a MUST-DO. Seriously I layered myself about 6 times - I'm so scared after I got FRIED to a crisp last year. I put on 3 applications for Aidan (my 8 year old son) and he already has a base tan so I didn't think he needed more.

Weeeelllll, his shoulders and upper back got a little red. He was complaining about it itching so of COURSE I took the opportunity to try out the Cucumber Healer. He was more then happy to help.

I took half a cucumber and stuck it through the food processer.
That's it!


It's recommended that you place really thin slices of cucumber all over your back but for an 8 year old, a paste just seemed better, and more fun for him!
I had him lay out a blanket on the floor in front of the TV, and then a towel over the blanket (for any spillage)
I used my fingertips and spread it as evenly as possible over his shoulders and back.


Our cat has decided she LOVES cucumbers. She ate the remaining paste.


REVIEW: So I asked Aidan how he felt! He said it tingled right away and then it got really cool and took away the sting. He's annoyed he had to lay flat but he watched Alvin & The Chipmonks and lived to
 tell the tale!

We washed off the paste with lukewarm water - he is happily watching the rest of his movie. The redness has actually vanished a bit! It's more of a very very light pink!


So Operation Sunburn Healer was a success! I've also added an additional benefit to cucumbers: 
A healthy kitty treat ;)

 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I love cucumbers! They just do so many different things! And are tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't prefer to eat them! Shhhh haha buuut...
    Love them for lots of other things - esp under my eyes for bags/dark circles!

    ReplyDelete