Saturday, June 9, 2012

Honey, Lemon, Cucumber & Banana Facial

Wow that's a mouthful....no seriously. Sounds pretty yummy to me!

When I first heard about this facial I was immediately excited to try it! Having already done facials with honey, lemons and banana - I was excited to throw cucumbers in the pile! I've used cucumbers in the past for a few different treatments:


Reduces the Appearance of Dark Circles

With the amount of antioxidants and silica nutrients found in cucumbers you can rejuvenate, smooth, and soften the skin in under 10 minutes!

Treat Puffy Eyes

Cucumbers contain large amounts of ascorbic acid. When placed under the eyes they can reduce the amount of water retention almost immediately! Perfect for those late night out/gotta be up early next morning!

Improve Complextion

When used in a facial mask (yaaaay sooon...) cucumbers leave your skin glowing, and allow your skin to be so soft and subtle.

Treat Your Sunburn

Ouch! Staying out in the sun to long only hurts you short term and long term. While aloe is great, cucumbers provide a natural cooling effect to sooth your skin and speed up the healing process.



What you need:

Half a cucumber
A small banana
1 tablespoon of honey
4 tablespoons of lemon juice (I used half a lemon)
A food processor (got mine using my mark. reward points!)

Because this is a facial mask I suggest you wash your face thoroughly before using any mask. I use my absolute favorite facial cleanser Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser
This cleanser is a God-send to my face. Peels away any dry dead skin areas and leaves me fresh and clean.


Next take your cucumber (sliced), banana, honey and lemon juice and put into your food processor.
Process! :)


This is what it should look like when done. A bit thick not to runny.


Apply to your face gently with your fingertips .
The best way to do this by yourself...let me tell you it's not really easy...
Lay a small towel down on your pillow. Tuck another small towel under your chin and over your chest.
I was being particular so I grabbed a small hand mirror so I could see what I was doing. I applied it all over as thick as I could avoiding my eye areas!

The 2 additional cucumber slices were for fun ;) My eyes were a bit a puffy from a bad night before.


My review: I didn't keep it on as long as I wanted to (I recommend 30 minutes, I kept it on for about 15) but the results were amazing! I felt it working right away. The lemon juice tingled and I really felt my skin relax and become refreshed! 

When you wash it off, rinse with lukewarm water and pat your face dry!

TIP: This makes more then enough for one application! I used this for about 4 days before I decided it was probably not good anymore. So if you don't want more then 1 application worth - use 1/3 of a cucumber, half a banana, 1 1/2 teaspoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.

I wish I could have left this on for the full 30 minutes. Aidan came in to ask me something (not a MINUTE PEACE I tell you!) He left the door open when he left and my fabulous kitty decided she wanted to partake in this beauty trick.

I took the cucumber off my eye and she ran off with it. 
Not a minute peace from human or pet...geez!


This I think is by far my FAVORITE facial. What do you think? Will you try it?

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. You can freeze leftovers in ice cube trays and used when needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart, thank you Karen I was wondering how I could keep these from going bad so quick.

      Delete
  2. FABULOUS idea! I will have to do that next time!

    ReplyDelete