Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Nail File - Mint

I love getting my nails done. I always have. For the past 4 years I've had the fake ones. Over my real nails, either acrylic or pink & white. With all the recent changes in my life I decided to save a bit, take them off and just get a normal manicure every couple weeks!

Unlike artificial nails, real nails chip :/ This has caused me to become obsessed with painting my nails! I love it. I love getting the mani, the arm/hand rub and then the final smooth polish that just glistens and shines :-D

Ever since I moved north I have always gone to the same place. My friend introduced me to Jane Nails. The first trip inside I was of course curious as to "who Jane is." So me being me, I asked! I was met with a "we don't talk about her." And then everyone broke out in laughter - so I'm guessing that situation didn't end well haha!

Jane Nails, Phillipsburg NJ


I know it's happened to you before. You go get your nails done. They ignore you, watch TV, talk to each other so you can't understand and the worst case ever: they talk about you!

Seriously Jane Nails is NONE of that! They knew my name after 3 visits. They make sure they fit you in within 5 minutes of being there (esp. if you go often) and they take their time giving you the full experience you are paying for! They laugh with you, compliment you, ask about your life, job and anything else they think of! They don't try and talk you into more services and when you leave they say "Goodbye (name)! See you soon!"

If you are in the area! Check it out!

So today I took the day off for several must do appointments. Between appointments I ran to grab my normal brow wax & mani!

MINT GREEN
Totally on trend and to copy an amazing quote:
"The color of coolness, freshness and the sea breeze, the color of your favorite cocktail, the color of vigor and courage… It’s all about the color of mint." - Zimbio

I love mint. It's a simple statement color that you can wear with pretty much EVERY other color.
Whites, blacks, yellows, purples, pinks, browns... all fashion retailers are loving this shade and I thought my nails needed to be:

Marvelously Mint






Actual polish shade: Mermaid Tears by OPI

What do you think of the mint trend? Would you rock it?
What shades are you LOVING at the moment?

xoxo


Like my ring? Find some amazing on trend items here at my mark. store: http://bit.ly/MegsCU

2 comments:

  1. I really like the Mint Sorbet color from Sally Hansen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled it and I think I seriously need to invest in that color! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete