Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Nail File - Whitening

Ugh. I don't know about you, but after I wear a darker shade of nail polish my nails get a yellow tint! At first I seriously freaked out thinking I had some type of nail fungus! My doctor (yes I seriously went to the doctor for it...) told me that like red wine stains a white carpet - red polish stains your white nails. Made sense and I felt stupid, thank God I didn't have a co-pay...

As you know I'm obsessed with painting my nails. So you can imagine they get stained pretty often...whenever I am at the doctor, I can't lie, I still have them check for fungus! So far I'm safe...but I still like to treat them between polishes to keep them white ;)



What you need:
Hydrogen Peroxide
Baking Soda
A small bowl
HOT Water


Before photo of my nails...
File the tips of your nails, to get the major stains off.
Put 1/2 cup of HOT water in your bowl.
Add 4 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of peroxide and stir.



Soak for about a minute - or for however long you wish to get the desired whiteness.


Review: My nails weren't to stained this time around so the results aren't very clear. I will try again when fall comes around and I start using red/black/blues. Even though the results don't show between photos I can guarantee you that this works!


 Finish with a clear top coat or you can use Nail Nutrition Green Tea + Bamboo Nail Strengthener.
I've noticed an amazing change in the growth and strength of my nails since I have started using this.
My thumb nail, before using this polish - was non existent.

I'd be interested to see how this works for you red polish all year around lovers!
Try it out and let me know!

xoxo



2 comments: