Saturday, June 16, 2012

Egypt - Secrets Of A Beauty Queen

Have you ever thought about the "old days" - when the expensive beauty products didn't exist? However, everyone looked fresh, young and fabulous? Why is it that in this day and age we pay MORE for products that claim to keep us young, fresh and vibrant - instead of looking towards the secrets from "back in the day?"

Of course products today claim to have "fruits, vegetables..." and whatever other "natural" things in them - but really...how many other chemicals and artificial products are in them as well? I'm not saying that they don't work - and they might pro-long aging and anything else they claim to do...but why pay top dollar?! Researching different secrets I came across a simple yet amazing beauty must-do.

Cleopatra is considered one of the most seductive and magnetic women in history. According to history, women for centuries copied her personal beauty care regimen for her face and skin. The ancient sources say her skin and fresh complexion was one of the many reasons she succeeded in seducing and winning the hearts of so many men.

Cleopatra's Milk And Honey Bath


What you need:

Dry milk
Honey
Quaker Oats (optional)

Take 1/2 cup of dry milk for a half a bath
1/2 cup of honey (warmed up until smooth and runny)

I used 1 cup of milk and a 1/2 cup of honey. Start a warm (body temperature) bath and pour the milk and honey into the tub. Mix well. Oats are optional for before you hop in - you can scrub yourself down to get rid of the dead skin you have. I chose not to do this portion today.

Hop into the bath and relax for 20 minutes.


Milk Baths are said to utilize lactic acid, an  alpha hydroxy acid, to dissolve the proteins which hold together dead skin cells! 


  Review: OMG. I can't stop touching my skin. It's SO soft. I have little eczema patches on my arms from tanning a lot when I was younger. My skin is naturally and normally very very dry. Normally I slather lotion on and my arms, hands, legs and feet are fine. After I got out of the bath - I didn't need lotion! I have no dry patches and I'm super soft all over! I can't get over it.

This is being added to my weekly MUST DO list! Thank you Cleopatra!

 xoxo










1 comment:

  1. Haha, people also always looked young because they died in their mid-30s! LOL

    That looks like a super relaxing bath though!! :)

    ReplyDelete