Sunday, June 17, 2012

Honey Healer

If you haven't ready gone through my posts and read all the amazing things natural fruits and foods do for you, you should! While you are going back, make sure you read Honey Lemon Facial Mask! In this particular post I give you all the sweet benefits honey does for you!



One of the benefits is a natural antibiotic. Natures own neosporin!
I got to put this to the test last night - and results are AMAZING!

If you have a cat (or any animal with claws) as loveable as they are, sometimes they get to excited and end up scratching you. This was the case last night when my cat got a bit to excited and seriously climbed up my arm digging her claws halfway in my arm. She then lost her balance and started to fall off the chair - meaning her front claw dug into the palm of my hand (WORST PLACE EVER) and it drug half the length of my palm.

I didn't speak or look at her for the rest of the night. She knew I was mad and hid.



If you have a cat (I've never owned a dog) - you know that their claw marks sting for hours. They then itch (almost like an allergic reaction) and then they are red and the bumps/cut are raised for a day or so...

So the first thing I did after I yelled at the cat was get up and wash off the blood with water. Of course it stung like nothing else. Then I remembered my research and pulled the honey from the pantry. 

Dabbed a little on each of the 4 claw marks and then a light coat over the palm wound. 
I left it on for less then 1 minute then washed off the honey with warm water.

First thing I noticed: the bleeding stopped immediately.
Second thing I noticed: no PAIN, no ITCH!
Third thing I noticed: no raised bumps and I honestly had to look to find the marks!

The one on my palm is still red so I currently have a little honey on it to see if it will take away the redness.



No pain, no itch, no redness (except for my palm.)

I wish I had taken photos of before and after!
If you don't have honey in your pantry...get some!

What's the worst cut you have ever had? How did you treat it?

xoxo




3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My worst cut required 100 stitches (the close second turned my face into hamburger). I was a clumsy kid. However, I have another honey tip. Local honey (honey from a bee hive in your area) will help with seasonal allergies. Since the bees have collected the pollen needed to make the honey from the very thing that's affecting you, eating that honey will give you more of a tolerance to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH! And wow that's a great tip! I will have to refer that to some friends who have REALLY bad allergies!

    ReplyDelete