Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hollywood - Secrets from Marilyn Monroe


 
I think we all can agree that Marilyn Monroe was the "it" girl of the 20th century. 
She has been gone for over 50 years but her classic look is still high in demand...

 Skin

Marilyn washed her face religiously with Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil and used a heaping amount of Vaseline as a moisturizer! It's also been stated that she used Erno Laszlo Active pHelityl Cream hormone cream or Nivea brand moisturizing creams.

"I'm personally opposed to a deep tan because I like to feel blonde all over." - Marilyn Monroe

Lips

Want the perfect red lip?
Have you ever gone into a store in search of that perfect shade of lipstick and ended up mixing 2? Marilyn actually layed 5 different shades of lipstick and gloss to get her perfect pout! 

She first lined her lips with a red lip liner and slightly over-drew the shape in the cupids bow.
Using a lip brush she placed the darker reds on the outer corners of her lips and the lighter reds in the middle! She highlighted the cupids bow and bottom lip with a highlighter for even more volume!

“Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.”  - Marilyn Monroe



Did You Know?

Using hormone cream of course can have it's side effects! It created a heavy peach fuzz on her face! All studio chiefs wanted her to remove it, but she refused! She claimed when the light hit the fuzz it caused her face to have a soft glow so they didn't have to use any special lenses to enhance her...

I don't know about all that - but who am I to argue! She looks FABULOUS in every photo I have ever seen!

"I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I've made." - Marilyn Monroe


Who is your Hollywood Beauty for tips and tricks?
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment