Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oatmeal Yogurt & Honey Mask

I love an amazing bowl of peaches & cream oatmeal (I TOLD you I was obsessed with peaches!)
Even better then a bowl of oatmeal, because of course I love the kind with a lot of sugar in it, not the oats and fresh peaches, I tend to go for something a little more healthy - like yogurt. Did you know that combined they make up one of the most popular facial masks?

We've talked about the benefits of Honey (Honey Lemon Facial Mask) - but what are the benefits of Oatmeal and Yogurt?


Oatmeal is a natural exfoliant. It also prevents breakouts that are caused by clogged pores. It's also hypoallergenic and is very soothing to any skin type. Oats are also widely used to decrease itching due to conditions like eczema, skin rashes, hives and bug bites!

Yogurt is a natural moisturizer and can reduce the size of your pores! Because of the lactic acid yogurt contains, it makes your skin soft and supple!


What do you need:

1 tbsp - Oatmeal
1 tbsp - Plain Yogurt
1 tsp - Honey

Grind up the oatmeal as best you can! I put it into a ziplock bag and used my hands! Mix with the yogurt and honey.


Apply to your face!

Let set for 10-15 minutes and then wash off with warm water.

Review: When I washed my face I used the oatmeal and scrubbed it in to get rid of the dry patches on my face. Love oatmeal for exfoliation. Def will continue to use as a daily part of my routine! 

First thoughts...honestly was not as impressed as I thought I'd be :(
 My face felt really REALLY oily! 

I dried my face and looked in the mirror. My face looked smooth and really soft.
As I let it air dry and waited about 5 minutes. I was a bit surprised. I went from feeling oily and icky to feeling as soft as a baby butt.

Honestly. If you have dry skin (my skin is combo) I totally recommend doing this a couple times a week! You will def notice the difference!
Oatmeal and yogurt have so many possibilities - I can't wait to try more tricks with these 2 foods!

xoxo









2 comments:

  1. Honey can even increases calcium absorption. It makes your skin soft and smooth. Honey on a regular basis may benefit from healthier skin, eyes and fingernails.


    Lyme disease

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You learn something new everyday! I've noticed my skin is so much more healthy. It looks fresher and younger! Woopeee!

    It would also make sense why my nails are a lot stronger and don't break off like they used to!

    ReplyDelete